Thursday, November 12, 2009

48 hour race

ah. the 48 hour race. baby food, andre?? REALLY?

i thought the hardest part of this would be coming up with a solid idea in time to film and edit it. thats usually always the worst part. but the idea came to me pretty quickly becuase i linked baby food to baby toys and was able to create a whole town. my sister is a baby therapist so i had all kinds of kid shit at my disposal. i wanted to put something inside the baby food jars to imitate blood and guts but that wouldnt be so gross and gory. i baked rice (mixed with red food coloring and vinegar) and decided that would be their guts. then i had to wait. and wait. i had to shoot outside because i needed the sunlight and grass.

so the first day went all to the preparation- tieing strings to all the cars and people, baking the rice, planning the shots. the second day i actually went out and shot it on my sisters shitty digital camera. the hardest part was keeping my shadow out of the frame while pulling the cars. editing and sound came pretty easily and then i had my completed- somewhat warped- public transportation short.

No comments:

Post a Comment