Thursday, September 3, 2009

synesthesia

Synesthesia is a crazy concept. I first heard of it several years ago (sometime in middle school). I did a project/experiment where i tested a bunch of people to see if their brains acknowledged colors or written words better. Its not really synesthesia but this project came to mind after reading the article on wikipedia. I wrote RED BLUE YELLOW etc but i wrote it in the wrong color. For example, red was written in a blue font. Then i had people read the list as fast as possible saying the actual word that was written. Then I repeated it but this time they were supposed to say the actual color of the font. I think that people read the words better. This would be the hardest project ever for someone who had synesthesia.

Anyways, the film we watched with and without the sound was really interesting. From the images i was expecting to hear some sort of circus type music for some reason. I liked music that actually went with it much better than what i had in my mind. My brain obviously doesnt do good with synesthesia. The rhythm editing project seems like it would create some sort of synesthetic music if it didnt already have a soundtrack. I feel like the beat/rhythm would be very obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment