Thursday, September 10, 2009

cameraless filmmaking blobobobobbb

I've never done cameraless filmmaking before and i think its really really interesting. I really liked doing the magazine transfers. They turned out really cool. I actually expected something a little different when it was projected. i could barely tell what anything was but then there was a big bold red letters that really stood out. I definitly want to experiment with combining magazine transfers with paint and markers. If you scratch the magazine transfers with a razor would it take the whole thing off or can you scratch it like regular film?

I thought it was really cool that you can actually punch holes in the film. I didnt know you could do that. All of this is really new to me. Scratching the film with the razor blades had a cool effect too. At one point i scratched all the film off so it was clear and then colored it with a sharpy. You could only see that for a brief second when it was played back but i dont think it would have been as cool if it was for any longer. I didnt have a lot of time to play with the paint and oil because my magazine transfer was taking a long time (i think the water got cold). I want to do more of that today.

I wasnt very successful at flashing the film. I didnt have the film strip covered enough so it was mostly black when we developed it. I had thin layers of like grits and stuff but it didnt show up. either that or i missed entirely when i was laying it out in the dark. I couldnt see anything. Joe’s bracelet was the only part of it that I liked. It made a pretty unique looking pattern. I want to see how these will look when they are projected. i hope ill get a chance to try flashing the film again so I can do it better.

There are so many things i want to try. I would like to see the effects of nail polish remover, different cleaning products, wax, etc. Would hairspray be too sticky? It leaves a cool looking (but inconvenient) texture on my mirror but I don’t know if that would show up on film. It would be interesting to get a cool texture and color over it. That would probably mess up the projector though… I dunno. I wonder if I put something on my rats feet and lets them walk on a strip of film if that would look cool. I need to find pet friendly paint….

I saw my sister putting bleach on the film strips and i want to try that. She bleached the stairs that lead up to my apartment. I should probably report her...

No comments:

Post a Comment