Wednesday, October 14, 2009

long take blolbolbolbobl

I was surprised that we were able to block, shoot, develop, and screen/transfer to video all in four hours. It was nice not to have to wait 2 weeks to see how the film turned out. I feel very good about how mine turned out. Although it wasn't required, it managed to have a beginning/middle/end and tell a story in 56 seconds. The other groups played more with transitioning and turning people into other people. I would have liked to use some of those transitions as well but it was difficult in the time and space we were allowed to use (and still make sense in our weird pumpkin/scream love story).

I am looking foward to seeing how everyone incorporates sound into their films. Since we can't use music, i think the sound is going to be really really noticable. For me, when their is music i can hear it but i focus mostly on the image. Without music, i obviously focus on the image but its kind of distracting because everyone is so accustom to hearing music through popular television and films. I find myself thinking about how quiet the room is when i watch a completely silent film. Anyways... these projects will have sound but i still think it will be distracting depending on how people edit them. It could add to it or it could take away from it. Guess i wont know until i see them...

No comments:

Post a Comment